No pics provided.
“1952-1962 M38A1 Military Willys Jeeps For Sale. A total of 5 jeeps are for sale. Spring Projects!
Ranging from parts jeeps starting at $500 to complete vehicles starting at $1000 to $5000.
All need varying levels of work from minor to major work and are being sold as restoration projects. Realistically priced. Most of these jeeps are very rare or have some kind of special significance. Prices on M38A1′s only get higher as the years go by. With the 2014 Jeep Wrangler paying homage to the Willys military jeep vehicles, original Willys jeep vehicles will only increase in scarcity and value. The M38A1 is without a doubt the best military jeep vehicle ever built! The familiar civilian CJ5 is based on the military M38A1.
1) early 1952 M38A1 Army parts vehicle, mostly body parts, no axles or drive train. Early home made hard top. $500. No title.
2) 1953 M38A1 USMC jeep undergoing restoration. Disassembled. Currently body is on professionally built welders rotisserie. Body can be spun nearly 180 degrees for easy welding access. Rotisserie is on inflatable rubber tires and can be rolled anywhere including grass and uneven surfaces. With rotisserie and parts $2000, without rotisserie $1000. Most body work has been done. Waiting on DMV title. Original early USMC M38A1 had complete underwater driving snorkel system.
3) very early 1952 M38A1 Army with serial numbers starting with 1XXXXX. One of the very first round fender jeeps ever made. Very Complete. Does not run. Once owned by the Smithsonian. $1000. Waiting on title from DMV. Has nice mid ’60′s Sears Aluminum hard top installed by military.
4) 1952 M38A1 Army that was rebuilt in 1958 at Letterkenny Army Depot. Used by the Civil Defense. Still in Civil Defense orange body and black grill color combination. Has very nice Myers 1960′s Hard Top with good glass and doors. Body is in great condition for it’s age. Driven regularly till about 2 years ago. Runs but needs engine rebuild and drive it for another 50 years! $2000. Has title. Has unrestored Army aluminum military Artic Top and original wood doors too for $3000 package deal. Has Title.
5) 1962 M38A1. Ultra rare 1962 USMC contract vehicle. 100% original in great overall condition. Only about 2000 were ever built in ’62 with only maybe about a dozen showing up for sale in the last decade. Runs but needs engine rebuild. Has some super rare prototype parts used also on the early Willys M151 jeep model.
Probably the most capable Willys jeep ever built with 24 volt waterproof ignition, factory original front and back Power Lok locking differentials, underwater driving capability… the list goes on. Recent Firestone NDCC tires. $5000 You could search for another 10 years and never find another one as nice as this jeep or as complete and original.
Vehicles located in northern Virginia with VA titles were applicable. No sales outside the USA. Please email me for more information or schedule a visit to see them.