UPDATE: This wagon was listed for auction on ebay in 2011, but didn’t sell. The other day Buz spotted the forum where the builder documented how he constructed it. It’s worth a look. The wagon isn’t currently for sale. The forum starts at page 7 of 7 then goes to page 1 and then forward (some system glitch at car domain).
It looks like there’s been some very good work done on this.
“Beautiful, 1 of a kind, Custom Built, 1953 Willys Stretched Wagon. You’ll never see another like it! We started our project in January 2009 and finished in the summer of 2010. We stretched a 2 door 1953 Willys Wagon into this 4 door Stretched Wagon, only one known to exist!.
Our Wagon features:
- Cummins 4BTAA Turbo Diesel Engine. Engine direct from Cummins Central Power, Kansaa City (with warranty). Making 22-24 mpg!! (US gallons).
- 5-speed manual transmission (NV4500), with dual range upgear. 4 wheel drive system. Custom drive shaft, front & rear. “PosiLock” on front diff.
- Custom Radiator. “Spal” Electric fan.
- 4″ Aluminized Custom Exhaust.
- Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank, approx. 33 US gallons.
- Factory Dodge 3/4 ton brake set up. Front discs, Rear drum.
- Custom body – (stretched 40″),
- 1997 Dodge 3/4 ton 4×4 HD chassis.
- Custom bumpers. Custom side step running boards, with “Armor Liner”.
- Custom fenders. Widened front fenders 4 1/2″.
- Custom hitch and 7 wire plug-in with electric brake controller, to tow your toys!
- Custom interior, front bucket seats, rear 60/40 folds down, seat material super suede (used in aircraft). Oak floor slots with all stainless bolts. Currently seats 5 with 6+ ft behind back seat with plenty of room for luggage or more seats. 3 lights in the headliner (front, mid, rear).
- “Ididit” brand tilt steering column and banjo “Grant” steering wheel.
- New antique style “Autometer” gauges.
- Custom sun visor, “Fulton” from the late 40′s early 50′s.
- Chrome mirrors.
- Tinted windows.
- Jerry gas can.
- Painted exterior eggshell Merlot, Interior Merlot (dash is gloss).
There is just too much to list, this is 1 of a kind!
This vehicle is 18 1/2 ft from front bumper to back of tow hitch, and it stands 6’11″ tall.
We’ve been to numerous car shows and have won several trophies and plaques. The Wagon has also been featured in a Cummins Newsletter. No matter where you go in this, it draws looks and a crowd!
For pictures of our build, see our build page on www.cardomain.com & search Willys Wagon and you’ll see our 1953 Willys Stretched Wagon.
Buyer is responsible for vehilce pickup &/or shipping.
It saddens me to part with this, but due to health, must sell.
For serious inquiries only, Call: (816) 215-3105 (NO TEXTING)”
View all the info on eBay